The plummeting prices in sequencing has triggered an exponential growth in the generation of genomic datasets. Currently it is very difficult for search engines such as Google to index data in the biomedical domain. How do we make data from this domain findable by search engines? A group […]
Suzie Thorpe from Cambridge Radio 105 spoke to me about my work, my novel ‘Perfect DNA’ and how genomic testing could impact people and their families.
– Get to grips with the fundamentals of genome-based precision medicine
– Create a sustainable and scalable business in precision medicine
– Learn about the main aspects of the industry, including key terminology and concepts
– Understand today’s global landscape of precision medicine
– Gain insight into public and private precision medicine initiatives across America, Europe and Asia
– Discover the role of genomic data in the business of precision medicine
– Explore business models and options for exploitation of genome-based datasets
– Identify commercial opportunities in diagnostics arising from genome data aggregation
– Understand human factors for market penetration of DNA testing
– Understand the future of advanced precision diagnostics in the clinic
– Analyse the exponential growth of datasets and how to leverage their value
– Discover the emerging industry of precision preventive medicine
Genomics is transforming the way we do health and even the way we will live our life. It is thus high time for this “personal” blog to focus even more on the technological, ethical, social and scientific challenges upon us. My personal blog started in 2008, as a […]
I am delighted to participate at the “What’s My Line” programme on Thursday 23d of February at the Stephen Perse Foundation School, one of the best regarded independent schools in Cambridge. For this programme, year 8 students will be introduced to a series of professions by meeting leaders […]
Many thanks to @phdomics, @_aalexa_, @FLGLaura, @Alvise_Trevisan, @marek_balint.
To my surprise, to date no one has thought of creating a genome project that focuses on the family. More specifically on the data that today a family can have access to via the internet and a credit card. I have decided to create the Family Genome Project to […]
News from Cambridge businesses. Network members upload news here about their products, services and achievements. Source: Could genetic testing divide us? 30/01/2017 A new book by leading genome scientist Manuel Corpas brings to life the complex area of genetic testing and its impacts on people and the future. […]
H3ABioNet Seminars’ series The H3ABionet Seminar co-ordinating team on behalf of the H3ABioNet Research Working Group cordially invite you to join us for the January 2017 H3ABioNet seminar under the theme of: “Access to personal genomes”. Seminar Format: A seminar talk will be provided by a distinguished scientist […]
In this interview I talk about the current understanding of our personal genomes, my work at Repositive and my recently published book ‘Perfect DNA’.