DNA sequencing of my relative who passed away 4 years ago.
Why is not personal genomics having a tangible effect in the health of the normal population? Read here why.
Presentation to be given in Barcelona at the NGS’17 conference on Repositive.
Genome blogging refers to the sharing of experiences, results and data relative to a person’s genome. Normally, the information shared belongs to the blogger him/herself, but at times it belongs to other people (related or not) who provide their explicit consent to share personal data and views. Genome […]
The plummeting prices in sequencing has triggered an exponential growth in the generation of genomic datasets. Currently it is very difficult for search engines such as Google to index data in the biomedical domain. How do we make data from this domain findable by search engines? A group […]
Suzie Thorpe from Cambridge Radio 105 spoke to me about my work, my novel ‘Perfect DNA’ and how genomic testing could impact people and their families.
– Get to grips with the fundamentals of genome-based precision medicine
– Create a sustainable and scalable business in precision medicine
– Learn about the main aspects of the industry, including key terminology and concepts
– Understand today’s global landscape of precision medicine
– Gain insight into public and private precision medicine initiatives across America, Europe and Asia
– Discover the role of genomic data in the business of precision medicine
– Explore business models and options for exploitation of genome-based datasets
– Identify commercial opportunities in diagnostics arising from genome data aggregation
– Understand human factors for market penetration of DNA testing
– Understand the future of advanced precision diagnostics in the clinic
– Analyse the exponential growth of datasets and how to leverage their value
– Discover the emerging industry of precision preventive medicine
Genomics is transforming the way we do health and even the way we will live our life. It is thus high time for this “personal” blog to focus even more on the technological, ethical, social and scientific challenges upon us. My personal blog started in 2008, as a […]
I am delighted to participate at the “What’s My Line” programme on Thursday 23d of February at the Stephen Perse Foundation School, one of the best regarded independent schools in Cambridge. For this programme, year 8 students will be introduced to a series of professions by meeting leaders […]
Many thanks to @phdomics, @_aalexa_, @FLGLaura, @Alvise_Trevisan, @marek_balint.